This year the FFA State Floral Design contests was held at Northeast Floral Expo in Springfield MA, the northeast's professional florist conference. Students competed in two different contests, FFA State Prepared Floral Design and FFA State Designer of the Year.
FFA State Prepared Floral Design:
Students prepared a themed floral arrangement that was put in place on March 4th and judged on March 5th. The themes Asian Inspired, Beach Wedding Flower Crown, Rustic Wedding Bouquet, and Black Tie New Year's Eve Table Scape.
- Rustic Wedding Bouquet – tied for 1st place Rayann Knowlton and Danielle Tacelli-Olmo
- Beach Wedding Flower Crown – 2nd place D'Lanie Pelletier
- Asian Inspired – tied for 4th place Megan Kibbe and Julia Prisco
Also, all Northeast Floral Expo attendees also had the opportunity to vote on their favorite FFA design out of all of the arrangements to express the "People's Choice" for best in show. This was announce on the main stage on March 6th.
- Best in show went to Rayann Knowlton
FFA State Designer of the Year:
The students enter this contest on March 5th. They were assigned to create a prom flower design set to be worn by a boy and a girl. After the 1st round the winners: Rayann Knowlton, Megan Kibbe and JeanMarie Jatkowski (all from E. O. Smith) and one student from Suffield. The tie-breaker round was done on March 5th; the results are:
- 1st place Rayann Knowlton – State Designer of the Year
- 2nd place Megan Kibbe
- 3rd Place JeanMarie Jatkowski
Click here for photos